Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Year in Pictures

If you are on Facebook no doubt you've seen the app that will show you pictures from 2015. I've viewed mine several times, but it doesn't really sum up what I want to remember of my year. It isn't exactly the end of 2015 yet, but I decided I'd compose this post tonight and then start looking ahead. 2015 was extraordinary year and 2016 promises to be even better. I'm glad you've been along for the ride, I hope you'll join me on the road ahead.

When I weighed 309 pounds I was rarely in pictures and reviewing my year was all about my job and what I'd accomplished or failed at. I had no life outside of teaching. The people I considered friends were within the school I was working in at the time.

How times have changed. I can't say I love being in pictures now. My first thought is automatically for any bulges or ripples I can see on my body, but I am wise enough to let my friends comment and I try to see what they do. No one mentions the bulges or ripples, most of them point out how strong I look, or how serious or the muscles I have completely missed in my critical first view. I am learning to see the woman other people see.

You all know me, you know I could keep rambling all night, but let me get on to the pictures I treasure most from 2015.


Oh how I LOVE pushing the Prowler. I may not be the most athletic or agile, but I am learning to embrace my strength even as I work on my weaknesses.

Tough Mudder 2015. My coach Tyler, on the right, doing what he does best: supporting me and giving me every opportunity to succeed. 

Tough Mudder 2015: Warrior Carry. Keeping a promise to a friend. 


The face is my attempt not to burst into tears on the spot. I never expected to be picked as a Pride Warrior. I accomplished my goal, the tears waited until I was driving home.


Thor's Hammer: 150 pounds. It felt so good to lift this.

Old School Iron Wars. My first powerlifting meet, thanks to Dane for nudging me into it by researching meets for me. I LOVE this picture. This is the face of a warrior, someone who knows what she's doing, what she's good at and is determined to do the very best job she can. 352 pounds was my PR that night.


Some members of "Team Kim". I don't know what to say to everyone who took time from their day to come to this meet. So overwhelming to know so many people care. So much for flying under the radar.

More members of  "Team Kim". I am so blessed.


Love my coaches, they look kind of proud, don't they? The sweet little girl at my side made me a card and brought flowers for me. What an overwhelming experience.

Yet another photo from my first powerlifting meet. This is such a monumental photo. The spotter is in my personal space in a BIG way and I am completely focused on my job. I also just noticed the looks of concentration on Tyler and Dane's faces.




That's it, those are some of the highlights of 2015. I am not the same person I once was. I can actually look at my life and feel satisfaction and pride. I am finding out who I am supposed to be and I am working to become that woman. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Thanks for coming along for the ride! As always, thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment